Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Donner Pass

Wow. Has it been that long? Sorry. All driving and now blogging makes 'jak a dull boy. Had my first experience with chaining and Donner pass the other day. I was trying to make it over to Sparks NV before they went to chains but only made it to Kingvale. Got the chains off the rack and spent something like an hour trying to get them on. Turns out they are too little for the tires we run. So I bought a set from one of the chain installers on the mountain for $150. By the time those were on, a couple of trucks and cars had wrecked on the curve right past the exit and the CalTrans guy came by and said they were going to maximum chains. So I said I'd turn around and go back down but he said I couldn't b/c it was max both directions. So I bought another set of chains ($150) and went the 20 miles over the top to the bug station. I almost garuantee that it will never happen again. Picture coming shortly if I can remember how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home