Friday, August 12, 2005

Into the routine

Ok so this week looked kind of like this: Ashland City to Franklin OH. Deadhead to Jeffersonville, IN. Jeffersonville to Johnson City TN. Unloaded at the American Water Heaters plant and ran across the street to pick up a loaded trailer bound for Las vegas NV. Dropped the Las Vegas load in the Lebanon yard and turned around for a multi-drop at Statesville & Raleigh NC. Unloaded in Raleigh and deadheaded to Charlotte for a load to Nashville, TN. Went home.


Not sure about the miles but it's a short week and I was really tired. I could just never get really rested. Now that I'll have had a couple of days off I'm sure I'll feel much better. I have an outbound load from AShland City to Franklin OH to start the week again.

The load to Franklin last week was one of the least pleasant driver assist unloads I've had so far. They loaded these "fatboy" water heaters on the front deck of the trailer 3 high. I'm sure they put them up there with a clamp and then pushed them to the front of the trailer. Anyway there wasn't any way for the guy to get them back off with a clamp in Franklin and they were too heavy to get down by hand. WE ended up kind of rotating the stacks really carefully until he could get them with the clamp.

Nothing much new this week except that I've noticed that probably 50% of the cars have a person in them screwing around with a cell phone. Not necessarily the driver--I think some of them are playing games on their phones. I don't think I mentioned it before so I'll make it the most interesting sight for this week (even though it was when I was out west).

I was driving along and saw this Harley coming up next to me. The rider was in full leather and all alone. The bike got up next to me and the rider looked up and started to wave a beauty pageant/parade queen kind of wave. It was then I realized that the rider was this 75 year old grandmother type. Lose the leathers and she could have posed for a Norman Rockwell Mrs. Santa painting. Then she grabbed the throttle and took off. It was surreal.


Bitch of the Week

I'm not sure if it's something that's been going on all along and I just now noticed it and have become hypersensitive but the last week or so I've noticed an increasing number of really expensive motorhomes pulling cars parked in truck stop parking lots and sleeping or eating. The first one I remember noticing was a Prevost motorcoach pulling a Hummer. I thought 'This guy can afford a $300,000 motorhome and a $50,000 car but can't pay $30 to park it for the night?' In my younger days he would have come out and found his Prevost and Hummer keyed to hell and back. I just think it's kind of sad that people that this are taking parking places away from people who work for a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home