Saturday, June 18, 2005

Job

OK, So I got hired by RE West. I have to be in Nashville at 7:30 Monday for my physical and drug test (they want to do their own physical even though I already have one). Then I report to the yard for training. The recruiter told me I'd be in training on the yard for up to 2 weeks. Less if the trainer thought I was ready. Then I go on the road for up to 3 weeks with a trainer. The really cool thing is that West pays me during training (not a lot but it's still money).

They're equipment is all fairly new -- 2002 or newer Freightliner Centuries. 73" Condo sleepers. Straight 10 speeds. I keep forgetting to ask about the motor but I'll bet they're Detroit 430-450's. All the trucks have XM radio and Direct TV recievers (driver has to pay for service). I think they have about 100 power units and 42 were new this year. Pay seems to be about middling for a training company - 27 cpm - a little better than some, not quite as good as Werner and Schneider. The recruiter claimed I'd get about 3000 miles a week.

The Adventure Begins Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home