Sunday, June 26, 2005

Weekend Update

Sorry no Tina Fey.

Finished my first week of training. We spent most of Thursday and Friday on the road around town and then a little of the afternoon on the yard. Unless I have a complete brain hemorrhage, I’ll ace the skills test. Shifting is coming back to me. I still don’t feel like it’s that smooth but at least it’s livable now. Mostly, I need to remember to turn off my blinker. I feel pretty good about the way things are going. We take our skills test, pre-trip and road test next Thursday morning and then they’ll send us down to DMV to get our real live CDL. I’ll probably take my HM and Tank test then.

I feel pretty good about West. We’ve gotten a chance to talk to several drivers and none of them have had anything bad to say about the company. There seem to be as many miles available as you’re capable of/willing to run. The trucks all have 2 stage Jakes, Sirius radio already installed, and they have Dish Network receivers that they’ll put on your truck if you want one. I don’t remember if I mentioned it before or not but they got 42 new Century Class Freightliner’s this year with 70" condo sleepers, 10 speeds and 500hp 60 Series Detroits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home