Friday, August 05, 2005

Long overdue update

Sorry for the long absence but you'll understand why in a minute....

End of Week 3

Week 3 looked like this: Lebanon TN to Burlington Ont Canada, deadhead to Middleville MI, loaded from Middleville to a multi-stop in Merced & Visalia CA. Deadhead to Sacramento. Loaded Sacramento to Chagrin Falls (I shit you not) OH. Deadhead to Middleville MI. Pick up trailer bound for Charlotte & Concord NC & Greenville SC but swap for an empty in the Flying J on I81 in Wytheville VA. Deadhead to Johnson City TN pick up trailer for Lebanon yard. Return Lebanon Tuesday afternoon. Total for Week 3= just short of 7600 miles.

I was released from training and got my truck. It's not a Century like all the others in the fleet. It's one of the overflow Columbia's. Powertrain is spec'd the same but Columbia's are not as nice. When I get the chance I'm going to ask if I can trade for a Century when somebody quits.


1st Week on my own.

Ran home and had about 15 hrs before leaving on my first run. Eat, sleep, do laundry. 1st 10 days looked like this: Ashland City to some suburb of Dayton that I can't remember the name of. Deadhead to Middleville MI (I can almost run this in my sleep now) bound for Riverside CA. Deliver in Riverside and pick up 31000 # of shoes in Ontario CA bound for Lebanon. Total for 10 days = about 6000 miles.

Observations

Earlier I mentioned that there were a lot of nice historical farmhouses in PA. Driving along I81 in Virginia, there are a lot there too. And the Climate's nicer. And it's not flat. Or full of Pennsylvanians. So all things considered I think I'd prefer that if any of you are looking for something to get me for Christmas.

As near as I can tell the person who designed the showers in Flying J Truck stops has never actually taken one on the road. Except for the one in Ontario Canada and SLC UT. Those are both really nice.

More in a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home