Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Here's a thing you don't want to happen

I saw the most interesting/disturbing thing on Sunday. I was driving past the Russellville AR scales on I40 (got a green light on the pre-pass) and there was a fully inflated tire on an aluminum rim just a the entrance to the scale. Apparently, minutes before I got there a truck had lost the inside of his drive tires. It came off and rolled into a tanker in front of him. I don't think I need to say that if you're going to lose a tire the entrance to the chicken coop is not the best place to do it. The disturbing part is that he had already lost the outside somewhere back down the road and hadn't noticed.

The other disturbing part was that there was a state trooper down the road that had pulled over two trucks because he thought one of them had lost the wheel (instead of the guy sitting in the coops with 2 wheels missing from a drive axle) When he determined that it was them he cut across 2 traffic lanes in front of me and the 2 cars in front of me without any warning. You've got to wonder sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home